- Linear runners with ball bearings for smooth and slack free operation of the coating carriage
- Pneumatically driven coating troughs
- Regulated start delay after dumping of coating trough
- 99 programm memory
- Programs access by input of the relating program number
- Each program can be glanced through step for step
- The multilingual display allows switching to various idioms
- Pneumatic clamping for save fixing of the screen, variable screen size is adjustable
- The clamps to be opened by switch pedal and close automatically by release
- Safety clamps blocking to prevent opening during the coating process
- Options on request
Coatings with polyamide and polyethylene are produced in our factory with the fluidized-bed sintering method. The products covered by this method are single or series components, manufacturing parts, special shaped pieces.
Electrostatic powder spraying
This procedure is used in our factory for the production of HALAR-coatings (ECTFE). These coatings stand out due to their extreme good chemical resistance in aggressive environment (acids and bases).
The Minicoat-procedure is being used in Polyamide coating ofsmall pieces in mass production.
Spraying with solvent is being used in our factory for the production of FEP and PTFE coatings.
We produce by flame spraying corrosion protective coatings (aluminium, zinc) as well as wear resisting coatings (molybdenum, brass, ceramics). These coatings together with polyamide or PTFE coatings assure special properties o the workpieces.
We make in our factory all preparation works (degreasing, grit blasting, priming).
As a matter of course, quality plays a major role in all what our company is doing. This is being guaranteed by a certified system of quality management.
For several years we started together with our partners to produce our own products. These are available coated as well as uncoated items.
We offer ultra-modern, efficient coating systems for dispensing thermoplastic and reactive hot-melt adhesives. We are a medium-sized specialist engineering company with an international presence that offers made-to-order, high-quality coating systems customised to your needs.
SM Coating’s total service package comprises all the services you need from a single source – from planning and design to construction and assembly to service and maintenance.
- Development and construction of special purpose coating systems
- Customisation and conversion of existing coating systems
- Retrofitting – a new lease of life for your ageing coating system
- Servicing & maintenance
Our hot-melt coating systems are used for the targeted coating of surfaces in a wide range of industries. They are suitable for dispensing
- thermoplastic hot-melt adhesives such as EVA, polyamides and pressure-sensitive hot-melts,
- reactive hot-melt adhesives, such as PUR or POR
- and even bitumen and butyl.
Areas of application include the textile, foil and film, and furniture industries (e.g. for manufacturing coated textiles, labels and decorative films), and the manufacture of building materials, adhesive tapes, sealing tapes and paper. In addition to this, we manufacture coating systems for the automotive supplier industry.
SM Coating – innovative coating technologies
We have been developing solutions involving hot-melt coating technologies for more than 15 years. Originally a division of our parent company, SM Klebetechnik, SM Coating became an independent company specialising in the development, manufacture and sales of custom hot-melt coating systems in 2011.
We offer efficient integrated coating solutions and precision-manufactured custom plant equipment for all your requirements, including all the necessary melting units and application nozzles, such as high-performance drum melters; hot-melt extruders, wide slit nozzles; curtain-coating nozzles and special dispensing and pump systems.
You benefit from:
- our extensive experience and expertise in dispensing thermoplastic and reactive adhesives as well as bitumen and butyl.
- short development times thanks to our high level of flexibility
- individually designed and developed systems
- reliability, thanks to our fast service and extensive testing in our in-house technical centre (testing can be performed with coating widths of up to 1.4m)
- Einzelfertigung in Deutschland für höchste Qualitätsansprüche
Custom development of integrated coating systems
Precise unwinding and winding, accurate material web guidance, efficient dispensing of adhesive, lamination or cooling are just some of the tasks that a complex coating system has to perform. We draw on our many years of experience and take great care to develop coating systems that ensure the even application of adhesive, including using contactless techniques if desired.
Our total service package includes
- comprehensive advice from experts and practitioners
- product development, planning and testing: it is possible to use our in-house technical centre for performing test runs
- design engineering by experienced product developers made to order in our factory in Germany
- integration of interfaces, custom software development and programming
- on-site assembly by our experienced and motivated service technicians including precise integration into upstream systems as required
- world-wide maintenance and servicing by our own technicians
- competent, flexible service, including on site
Customisation and conversion of existing coating systems – ready for new production areas
Have your production requirements moved on or do you want to break into new markets by diversifying? There are numerous fields of application for SM Coating hot-melt coating systems.
With our experience that spans a wide range of industries, we would be happy to advise you on how you can cost-effectively modify your existing equipment to meet future challenges. A competent redesign of your equipment or integrating higher-performance drum melters, high-efficiency extruders, special application nozzles, new components or software modifications will allow you to use your coating systems for new production processes.
We use our ingenuity and wealth of experience to develop financially viable solutions for your changing production requirements. Our dynamic team takes care of every detail to transform your existing equipment into a state-of-the-art coating system. We make use of the efficient products manufactured by the SM Klebetechnik Group in doing so. If desired, we can even plan the conversion of other manufacturer’s equipment.
Our ultra-modern technical centre is available for performing individual tests at any time.