Guiding & support sheavesThese sheaves are cast in an aluminium alloy prior to being machined to precise tolerances. In many applications they offer a reasonably priced alternative to drums. The distance between guiding and supporting sheaves can be selected such that the steel belt does not sag excessively when under pretension stress. This generally results in a distance of 200–300 mm. The number of sheaves must be such that the driving force can be reliably transmitted to the steel belt.
KEIPER conveyor belts are made of fully synthetic polyester or blended fabrics and can be adapted for a specific purpose by means of different designs as well as appropriate coatings and surface structures.
The wide range of possible materials and designs takes into account such varied requirements as:
- High entrainment adhesion or low adhesion (accumulation mode)
- FDA/USDA approved and in conformity with EU Directive 2007/19/EC
- Colors white, petrol, black, green and special colors
- Anti-static designs and suitable for use in metal detectors
- Special resistance against wear and chemicals
- High and low temperatures
- Stress-strain behavior and tensile strength
- Drum diameter (e.g. blade edges)
Hence, the conveyor belts always are designed for the intended application.
KEIPER conveyor belts can be fitted with a wide variety of entraining elements such as cleats, guides, sidewalls or tracking guides. The endless splice is bonded continuously or, if it needs to be mounted quickly, can be fitted with different types of mechanical fasteners.